Monday, December 2, 2013

Songs of the Day - Fashion Blogging

I haven't been on here in months! I can't believe it's December already. I've been meaning to catch up. Forgive me guys. I've been busy with school and signing up for college as well as stress from my parents, my relationships, house renovations, and renovating my wardrobe. The only thing keeping me sane is sleep and music. So I've brought a few songs to the table.

This first one has been on the radio for quite some time and I think it's perfect for the change in weather and the change in seasons. I managed to memorize the lyrics in a few days, which never happens. It's a combination of warm hot chocolate, winter romances, cuddling, and sweaters. I love the warmth of his voice as well as the calming melody. It's very chill and it just makes me want to cuddle next to a fireplace with a cup of tea, a blanket, and a good book.


The Neighborhood - Sweater Weather



This second song I discovered when I was working lights for Fall Show, which is a giant music production ran by the choir at my school. My friend William and his friend Tim sang it and I've been addicted to it ever since. It has a wonderful and catchy melody and is really sing-songy, despite being about a break up. 

Hunter Hayes - Everybody's Got Somebody But Me



This third song is rather old but its from one of my favorite girl groups. It's really stuck with me these past few weeks because of all the relationship drama I've been through. The song is pretty mellow and has helped calm me down quite a few times. It is rather bitter sounding but despite the language barrier, you can tell that there was a lot of thought and heartbreak that went into it. It kind of reminds me of some bittersweet reminiscing and a drunken phone call. 

Wonder Girls - Girlfriend



My fourth and last song of the day is also a pretty frequented song on the radio. It's also pretty depressing and its all about realizing what you've lost when it leaves. I love the message it sends though because I've been in that type of predicament a lot this past month. I also feel that it holds true to a lot of things. A lot of people take the things and people they have for granted. I don't want to become someone like that and I listen to it to remind myself of who I'm striving to be. I think it's a good reminder. What I'm sharing is a cover. It's a lot softer and slower than the original but I think it fits the message and feel a lot better. Plus, she has an amazing voice. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have.

Passenger - Let Her Go 
Cover by Jasmine Thompson


Well I hope you guys liked my song choices. Don't forget to send out suggestions! I love hearing new music and sharing it with others. Stay tuned for my next music post!

Oh! One more thing!

I'm thinking of doing some fashion blogging because of all the clothes I've been buying lately. My style is rather neutral and abstract but I really like some of the things I wear. I think it'd be great to get some feedback to figure out how to turn what basic staples I have into stunning outfits. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment