Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Getting Fit

Okay, so I've decided to start exercising. Like, I don't hate my body but it's not really where I'd like it to be. My thighs and hips are kind of big and I don't really have that distinct of a waist. That, and I have absolutely no stamina and my body type doesn't fit the clothes I like to wear. So I decided to change. I mean, who doesn't want to be super healthy, fit, and lean. 

Now, do note, I'm exercising to get fit and tone, not to lose weight. Because that's not what I'm about. 

I've been switching through quite a few exercises and I mean, it seems to be working really well. I've mainly been focusing on leg exercises since that's the area of my body that I hate the most. I've been doing this one workout that I found on Pinterest. It's pretty quick, it takes no longer than 15-20 minutes which works for me because I don't have a lot of time to really work out.
The first time I did it I literally sat in my bed the next day and couldn't move. But its gotten better and it burns so I'm assuming its working. I usually end up doing it with my sister, Kaitlin, when we're working at the other house.

By trying new diets I mean altering my eating habits by changing the amount of meals I have and the portion sizes. I don't know how that's working but it keeps me less hungry and I feel like I'm eating more. It's supposed to work because it regulates the amount of energy your body intakes and increases your metabolism because your body will constantly be breaking down food. Which is really scientifically sound if you ask me.
Once or twice every morning, we like to make smoothies out of a whole bunch of organic fruits we get from our garden. It's usually the first thing I have in the morning. Surprisingly, it staves off my hunger until my meal (which usually occurs a few hours later).

I was continuing on my quest to look for exercises because, I mean, one workout isn't really going to cut it. I ended up skimming facebook when this "Did You Know" post came up about this Korean mother named Jung Da Yeon. She had two kids and was pretty well, unhealthy to an extent when she decided to get fit and lo and behold, she did.
Jung Da Yeon - Before and After
I'm sure some of her image change comes from plastic surgery but like, man, look at her. She got fit and started her own exercise chain and exercises (called figurobics) and is now famous and wealthy. So I decided to look up on her diet plan. 

She said that she went on a strict regime diet, only having small meals, like having six HEALTHY meals a day, and doing figure-robics.

I've always wanted to try like, pilates or yoga and I figured I'd give it a shot. Plus, I like having "other people" exercise with me, even if they're on the screen. So I YouTubed her workout and tried two of them out. All her videos are around 30 minutes so I've been doing them right before I go to sleep so I don't have to worry about my family laughing at me.

The first one I did was 15 minutes of free weight arm workouts and the other 15 minutes were leg workouts. Let me tell you, the first time I tried it, I basically died. I couldn't feel my legs for two days. The next few times however, it was a lot better. 

Here's what I deem as the "leg workout."


Don't worry about not being able to understand, just follow what she does.

The second video I tried out was what I deemed as the "waist workout" because I couldn't twist my body for two days because of the soreness. Like, I didn't even think it was possible to become sore in those places, but it happened. This video is about 15 minutes waist/arm workouts and the last 15 minutes are leg workouts mixed with some waist exercises.


The workouts look pretty easy and simple and its really easy to follow along so I'm going to continue trying them. My boyfriend suggested eating protein after workouts as well so I think I'll try that too.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my workout regime with everyone. 

Does anyone have any other workout suggestions that don't involve like, any objects or extensive amounts of time? If you do, please comment! I'd really like to hear everyone else's exercising/weight loss/toning tips!

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work!
    leg workout

    ReplyDelete